1. Breathe through the panic – Try some breathing techniques in order to remain calm. (count to 10 slowly).
2. Limit alcohol and caffeine intake, as these can aggravate anxiety and trigger panic attacks.
3. Follow a healthy routine of eating, sleeping and exercising. Even 30 minutes of walking a day can reduce anxiety. The university have a ‘walk to wellbeing scheme’ where you can meet with other students to improve your mental and physical health
4. Talk about it – a problem shared is a problem halved
5. Remember you’re not alone. Everyone else may look as though they’re coping fine but many of them are struggling too. Are you a perfectionist? When was the last time you treated yourself?