Can’t afford a beauty counter blowout this month? Don’t worry we’ve got the best pound-saving tips and trix – here’s part one of two!
- Splurge on your skincare products, but when it comes to makeup, which often changes with each season, it’s ok to tighten those purse strings. It’s perfectly fine to opt for lower-priced makeup brands like Rimmel or Milani for your lipsticks, blushers and eye shadows. Do your research beforehand and find out dupes for the higher end goodies you’ve got your eyes on. The usage of a dupe is good tell-tale of whether breaking the bank for the real deal will be worth it.
- Treat yourself off-peak! You don’t have to break the bank if you want to treat yourself to a day at the spa. Trawl cheap deal websites like Groupon to bag a bargain or if you have a magazine subscription, look out monthly deals. Many spas offer off-peak rates or two treatments for the price of one – most five-star spas throw in the use of the pool and beach access too.
- Go natural! Rose water is one of the best toners for your skin – it’s suitable for all skin types and is known for its rebalancing and tightening properties. Make your own at home by boiling two cups of rose petals (well packed in) with distilled water for about 45 minutes. Once cool, strain the water using a muslin cloth and pop it into a sterilized bottle. Use a bottle with a spray top so you can easily spritz the water directly on to your face. Keep it in the fridge to last longer – you can also use it as a cooling spray throughout the day.
Money saving secrets:
- The best way to make fragrance last longer is to build layers of the fragrance on your skin using complementary bath and body products.
- If you shave rather than wax your legs, cheap conditioner works just as well as expensive foams.
- Essential oils serve many beauty purposes. The sweet orange is great for anti-ageing and soothes irritated, dry skin. Simply add a couple of drops to your moisturizer or body lotion.
- Apply aloe vera gel with two to three drops of lemon to your face. Works amazingly and no need for a facial!