In 2015/16 we are keen to continue the great work of our design team at Quench. If you are passionate about design and believe you have the imagination to create layouts that jump off the page then apply by sending a cover letter to email@example.com by Saturday 30th May detailing:
- your motivations for applying
- what you believe you could bring to the team
- your current design skills and ability
- the areas that you want to improve on
Preferable skills include
- A keen eye for design and belief in your own creative skill set
- Ability to work closely with section editors in order to create layouts that match the aesthetic of the magazine and content.
- Some experience of using Adobe Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Don’t worry if you have never used these programmes before, we can train you! Working in student media is a learning curve for everyone, so we are willing to help you wherever you need it. The most important skills as an art editor are creativity, imagination and the motivation to work to a deadline.