Can’t afford a beauty counter blowout this month? Don’t worry we’ve got the best pound-saving tips and trix – here’s part two of two! Catch up on part 1 here!
- Swap your talents! If a weekly manicure and pedicure isn’t within your budget, you should still make the effort to keep your nails healthy and well groomed. Even if you’re not very good at giving yourself an at-home manicure, your friends might be. Host a beauty evening and offer to swap a manicure for a head massage, or a foot rub!
- Raid the fridge! A delicious body scrub can be made from a number of ingredients out of your fridge. Use either sugar or salt as the base of your scrub, mix it with oil (olive will work), and throw in something fruity for an aromatic scent. To get the most out of any body scrub, shave your legs first – the scrub will get straight to work on your dead skin – and apply to damp skin in circular motions, moving from top to bottom.
- Make the most of your products! If you invest in expensive creams and serums, then you need to make sure that you’re getting the most out of them. To do that, your skin should be as clean as possible, free from makeup and daily grime. By adopting a two-step cleansing routine, you skin will benefit and this also ensures your products are doing their job and saving you money in the long run.
Money saving secrets:
- To prevent and cure skin eruptions, apply a paste of watermelon and milk regularly on your face.
- Keep your face moisturizer in the fridge – it’s a miracle worker for reducing morning puffy eyes.
- Rub an ice cube on your face, it instantly tones up the skin and closes the pores.
- If your lips are cracked and you need to remove dead skin quickly, scrub with sugar, add Vaseline and you’re ready to go.